Chiropractic Care for Lower Back Pain
At Georgia & Thurlow Chiropractic, your “chiropractor near me,” we offer chiropractic services to Vancouver, British Columbia (BC) residents to ensure they live happier, healthier lives. While we treat many conditions, lower back pain is one of the most common conditions we encounter in our clinic. So, if you are suffering from low back pain, don’t hesitate to book an appointment with our chiropractor today.
The Lower Back
To better understand lower back pain, it’s pivotal to have a look at the composition of the back region. The back has vertebrae bones, discs between the bones, ligaments around the spine, nerves, and muscles. These structures work in tandem to protect and provide mobility for the spine.
While the back is composed of tough yet flexible structures, it doesn’t mean that it isn’t vulnerable to injuries and degradation by medical conditions. As such, when the back structures are compromised, you may experience pain, tingling, numbness, and other undesirable symptoms.
Causes of Back Pain
Suffering from back pain that limits you from taking part in everyday activities? Here could be the culprits of your pain:
- Trauma: Car accidents, sports accidents, falls, and slips can injure the structures in your back, causing pain and limited mobility.
- Sciatica: When the sciatic nerve is pinched, you may experience lower back pain radiating from the back to the legs through the buttocks.
- Herniated discs: When discs shift out of position, they may impinge on a nerve, causing pain, tingling, and numbness.
- Osteoarthritis: The thinning out of the cartilage may cause bones to rub against each other, leading to pain and stiffness.
- Spinal stenosis: The narrowing of the vertebrae column means the spinal nerves may be pinched or irritated, leading to pain.
While there are several causes of back pain, the good news is that chiropractic care can help bring relief.
Risk Factors for Back Pain
While anyone can suffer back pain, certain factors can increase the risk of low back pain. These include:
- Poor posture: Incorrect posture when you work from home or have office work may put undue pressure on the spine, causing lower back pain.
- Obesity: Unhealthy weight puts pressure on the spine, triggering pain.
- Pregnancy: Physical and physiological changes during pregnancy may cause back pain.
- Occupation: If your job involves lifting, sitting for prolonged hours, and twisting, you are at high risk for back pain. An example might be when you work from home or have lots of office work.
- Age: The older you are, the higher the chances of back pain.
How Our Chiropractor Treats Lower Back Pain
If you have low back pain, visiting our chiropractor is a good option. Our chiropractor uses spinal manipulation, massage therapy, stretching exercises, and other treatments to manage back pain.
Our chiropractor uses natural remedies to treat the root cause of the pain — no room for pain medications to mask your symptoms. Also, visiting our chiropractor reduces pain, improves mobility, and increases muscle resilience to future injuries.
Contact Us for a “Chiropractor Near Me” for Help with Back Pain and a Personal Injury
Suffering from back pain in Vancouver, British Columbia (BC)? Whether your back pain is due to a personal injury or any other cause, please book an appointment with us at Georgia & Thurlow Chiropractic for back pain relief. Call us at (604) 688-0077 today.